The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has, in the last few weeks, become a very real and important issue for everyone in our country and across the globe. At Taleris, the health and wellness of our Members and our Staff is our #1 priority. Our intent, with this announcement, is to reassure you that we are taking this issue very seriously and to let you know that we have taken precautions to minimize the transference of the virus to our Members, our Staff and the Community.
The Taleris staff has been provided with the most current information available and we have initiated extensive precautionary cleanliness policies and procedures. After knowing the precautions are in place, if you plan to visit the Seven Hills Service Center, and are still uncomfortable in a public setting, here are a number of ways that you can manage your accounts without physically entering the building.
- Use our Drive Thru Teller Service at the Seven Hills Service Center
- Use one of the thousands of Fee Free or Discounted Fee ATMs in your area.
- Use our Taleris Online Banking program
- Use our convenient Mobile Banking Application
- Use our Taleris Audio Access System
- Contact the Member Services Department for additional information at 800-828-6446
We also would like to share what you can do, from a preventive aspect, to keep you and your family safe and minimize your exposure to potentially harmful germs and bacteria:
- Wash your hands frequently & thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve or arm – not into your hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- For your well-being and the well-being of others, if you’re sick please stay home and take care of yourself
- If it is necessary for you to use commonly shared surfaces (such as gas pumps) and or touch screens (in airports or in store check-out lines) consider disposable gloves
With cold and flu season upon us and heightened awareness around the Coronavirus, please know that we are closely monitoring the situation and will follow instructions and recommendations issued by public health authorities or government agencies as needed.
As a final thought to all our Members, we should all do our best to follow the guidelines set forth to help contain the virus by the Center for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov) as well as trying to temper our fears with reason, panic with patience, and uncertainty with education.
As always, we thank you for being our Members and supporting our Credit Union.