MembershipYou should join us
What is a Credit Union, and why should I join?
A Credit Union is a financial institution like a bank, EXCEPT that it is owned by the people who belong to the Credit Union—its members. So, when you deposit money in Taleris, you get a share of the company. You join, and our Credit Union is now your Credit Union. Your money is managed by people like you, who have your interests in mind. It also means that when we make money, it goes back to the owners, you, in the form of better returns on investments and lower rates for loans. That’s one of the reasons why, at Taleris, you can open an IRA with as little as $100, our vehicle loan rates are about the lowest around, and our CD rates are about the highest around. It is also one of the reasons that you do not need perfect credit to get loans and services here. We’re a full service financial institution with checking, savings, Certificates of Deposit, IRA’s, Money Market funds, full online account access, mobile banking and bill pay—plus a host of other services. Everything you would expect from a financial institution.
To be eligible to join Taleris Credit Union, you must meet any of the following conditions:
- Live, work, worship or attend school in Cuyahoga, Medina, Lorain, Lake or Summit County, or
- Work for, or belong to one of the companies or organizations served by TCU (A list of those companies is available HERE), or
- Be a family member of someone who is a current member
- Belong to…or join…one of two associations affiliated with Taleris
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person that opens an account. When you open an account we will ask you for your name, street address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Got 10 Minutes? Join Online!
A Taleris membership is quick and easy with our Online Membership Application. In 10 minutes you can open and fund your accounts and become a member of Taleris Credit Union.
Click the image at the left to apply online.
Before you begin, you’ll need to have a few things handy:
- Your Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, or State ID number
- Your U.S. Social Security Number
- Your U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status (If you are not a U.S. Citizen you will need to complete IRS Form W8BEN)
- Your external account information if you are funding your new Taleris account(s) from another financial institution
Still Have Questions?
Give us a call at 800.828.6446, or send us a message by CLICKING HERE.