Your Taleris Deposit Accounts are Well Protected
At Taleris Credit Union we take your money very seriously. You can rest well knowing that your savings are well protected and secure. As a privately insured credit union, Taleris Credit Union offers a safe place for members to build savings. Your deposits are protected by American Share Insurance (ASI) and insured up to at least $250,000 per account. American Share is a member-owned, private share insurer founded in 1974 and is owned by its insured credit unions. Currently, the corporation insures the accounts of over 1.3 million credit union members. Here’s a few other important facts about ASI and Taleris Credit Union:
- American Share insures each and every account and sub account of an individual member up to $250,000, without limits as to the number of accounts held. If you have 20 separate accounts with your credit union, up to $5,000,000 of your deposits are covered!
- Your Taleris Credit Union Board of Directors, and Management Team, focus on member protection, member service, and local community, and not speculative returns or risky investments. Additionally, Taleris Credit Union is closely supervised and regulated by the Ohio Department of Financial Institutions.
- As a not-for-profit business, Taleris Credit Union does not have shareholders like banks do. Our members, through their share deposit accounts, are the “owners” of Taleris Credit Union and each have an equal share in the credit union.
- No credit union member has ever lost money in any American Share-insured credit union account in its history.
- The majority of ASI’s assets are held in cash and US government-guaranteed bonds and US Treasury securities.
- Annually, a “big four” accounting firm audits the company’s financial statements, and an independent actuary attests to the sufficiency of the ASI’s loss reserves.
- ASI’s only business is to provide deposit insurance to credit unions, and they are selective about the credit unions they insure. Not all credit unions that apply for coverage are accepted due to their strict underwriting standards.
- ASI is licensed by the Ohio Department of Insurance and dual-regulated by the Ohio Departments of Insurance and Commerce.
- ASI has always been and continues to be in good standing with the various insurance departments and regulators in all of its states of operation.
If you have questions about the coverage provided by American Share Insurance or any other questions pertaining to your deposit accounts, please contact us at 216.739.2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org