Enter to Win A $100 Visa Gift Card
If you like Sudoku, take a chance on the Taleris Sudoku Challenge. Click on the link below for our Sudoku Puzzle, fill it out and mail it back to us. Correct entries will be automatically entered into a drawing for a $100 Visa Gift Card. Three $100 Gift Cards will be awarded. You can fill the puzzle out online or at your kitchen table, but all entries must be mailed back to Taleris.
- Complete the Taleris Sudoku Puzzle.
- Print your completed puzzle and mail it to:
Taleris Credit Union | Sudoku Contest | 1250 E. Granger Rd. | Cleveland, OH 44131
- Correct entries are automatically entered into the drawing for a $100 Visa Gift Card. Three (3) $100 Gift Cards will be awarded.
- Taleris employees, volunteers and their families are ineligible for the Gift Cards (although they can enter just for fun).
- Deadline for entries is February 15, 2013
- One entry per person only.
- Winners will be notified on March 1, 2013
OK. Ready? CLICK HERE FOR THE TALERIS SUDOKU CHALLENGE PUZZLE. You will need Adobe®, Acrobat® Reader to access the puzzle. If you do not have Acrobat®, you can access it by CLICKING HERE. The link opens in a new window and directs you to a site maintained by Adobe® Corporation.
What the heck are the sword and the cheese about? Glad you asked. Even though “magic square” puzzles can be traced back to ancient China, Sudoku puzzles as we know them originated with an America architect named Howard Garnes in the 1970’s. This style of puzzle was named Su doku (single number in Japanese) and popularized by the Japanese company Nikolu in the 1980’s… hence the samurai sword. Why the cheese? Well, sudoku puzzles owe a lot to the 18th Century Swiss (get it?) mathematician Leonhard Euler and his work with Latin squares. Besides, we liked the cheesy look.